Talent and a lot of hard work…
Some say, Sten Kuth is multi talented, he says „with a lot of interests“. However, one can say that Sten feels at home in many genres and seems to be sucessful in all of them.
The base for Sten´s work are these multiple interests and talents and a very intense education in several artistic fields, he started to dance when he was a small kid. Soon dancing became the main part of his life. His dance education shows his broad range of talents, Sten ….
… got educated in nearly every important dance style
… studied Ballet and Contemporary Dance
… sudied Dance Teacher for Performing Arts
… studied Choreography, Laban Notation System and Banesh Movement Notation
… got educated as Dance Teacher ADTV for Ballroom Dancing and Social Dancing
… got educated as Musical Performer, Actor
… got educated 2nd Generation Pilates Trainer
… got educated as Yoga Trainer (Sivananda)
… got educated in many coninues education workshops and lectures in the field of groupfitness training, mind body training and body therapy
His studied at recognized schools:
– Folkwang Hochschule Essen
– Alwin Ailey American Dance Center, New York
– Harlem Dance Institute, New York
– New York School of Dance Drama and Entertainment
– Ecole de Danse de la Opera Paris
– Performing Arts Studios, Wien
– Reebok University New York
– ADTV Deutschland
– Lee Strassberg Institute, New York
– Romana Kryzanowka, Pilates New York
– Alycea Ungaro, Ron Fletcher, Jay Grimes for Pilates
– Sivananda Yoga International
– Lucia Schmidt – Zürich
and many, many more
During hs own stage carreer he got the chance to work with big stars of the international showbusiness like like Joan Collins, Steven Berkoff, Eartha Kitt, Hildegard Knef, Adeva, CeCePeniston, Sister Sledge, Rozella, Grace Jones, Pink, Michel Buble and many more. He danced in the famous Moulin Rouge and the Paradis Latin in Paris and starred in many Musical Theatre Productions in Germany, London, Oslo and Australia like Grease, Chess, Cats, Cabaret and many more. As a choregrapher he created for many Eurovison Song Contest, the Olympic Games in Sydney, the Gay Games in Sydney and Cologne and countless commercials and industrials as well as TV and Filmproductions in Europe .
After ending his stage career and a serious disease in 2016/2017 Sten now internationally works as:
- International Competition Judge for Jazz, Musical, Tap, Ballet, National, Lyrical, Open, Show, Contemporary, Modern as well as Urban and Commercial Styes.
- international Dance Teacher, Lecturer and Educator
- Choreographer and Artistic director for Stage, TV, Film and Industrials as well as Pro/Am Productions and Competition Dancers with a big creative team of assistents.
- international Pilates Educator
- he peforms occationally on stage as a Presenter, Singer Chanson Artist and Musical Comedian.
Sten is well know for his diversity and over 30 years of experience in the international dance industries. Apart from his work onstage and backstage he is well know als a lecturer and teacher for Masterclasses, Workshops and Lecture about Dances Technique, Performance Training and Dance History. Since 25 years he also is a 2nd Generation Mastertrainer für Classsical Pilates and the inventor of the SK Method of Body Education as well as the creator of the SK Method of Body Education and several MindBody Fitness Concepts
Sten is artistic director of B.last Project Dance Company Berlin. Member of the Germany Musical Academy. Sten calls himself a European: Born in New York, raised in Gemany, Sitges and Ibiza, studying in New York and living in Amsterdam, Paris, Oslo, London, Sydney Barcelona and Ibiza and working world wide today, currently living in Berlin.